Braintree District Special Collections
Not everything can be reused, some things have to be disposed of.
T.R.E.E run the special collection bulky waste disposal service on behalf of Braintree District council.
Call: 0300 11 11 007 to book if you live in the Braintree district
Still great value at only £37 for up to 6 items
(prices increased from £36 to £37 from 1st April 2017)
Concessions for those on benefits – £10 reduction. Evidence required prior to booking a collection
Collections weekdays only.
The majority of the bulky waste collected by Braintree District Council was historically being sent to landfill. Team T.R.E.E operate the service to enable as much as possible to be diverted for reuse.
Click here for a full list of what we can collect
All Bulky items must be able to be lifted by two people. Any item too big to lift will not be collected.
1. Up to 6 items is one collection booking
2. Any exceptionally large items count as 2 items eg grand piano, large corner sofa, patio doors. (Ask when booking)
3. Sheds should be dismantled in to whole sides. Each side will be counted as 1 item, so a complete shed (4 sides, roof, and floor) would be 6 items
4. If you are in any doubt, call TREE for assistance
• 3 piece suite = 3 items
• bed base + mattress = 2 items
• bathroom suite (sink, toilet and bath) = 3 items
• table and chairs = 2 items (table = 1, set of chairs = 1)
• 6 black sacks = 1 item (Maximum of 6 black sacks per collection)