Braintree District Special Collections
Not everything can be reused, some things have to be disposed of.
T.R.E.E run the special collection bulky waste disposal service on behalf of Braintree District council.
Call: 0300 11 11 007 to book if you live in the Braintree district
Still great value at only £38.11 for up to 6 items
Up to 6 items: £38.11
Up to 12 items: £76.22
Concessions for those on benefits – £10 reduction. Evidence required prior to booking a collection
Collections weekdays only.
The majority of the bulky waste collected by Braintree District Council was historically being sent to landfill. Team T.R.E.E operate the service to enable as much as possible to be diverted for reuse.
Click here for a full list of what we can collect
All Bulky items must be able to be lifted by two people. Any item too big to lift will not be collected.
1. Up to 6 items is one collection booking
2. Any exceptionally large items count as 2 items eg grand piano, large corner sofa, patio doors. (Ask when booking)
3. Sheds should be dismantled in to whole sides. Each side will be counted as 1 item, so a complete shed (4 sides, roof, and floor) would be 6 items
4. If you are in any doubt, call TREE for assistance
• 3 piece suite = 3 items
• bed base + mattress = 2 items
• bathroom suite (sink, toilet and bath) = 3 items
• table and chairs = 2 items (table = 1, set of chairs = 1)
• 6 black sacks = 1 item (Maximum of 6 black sacks per collection)
Please Be Aware
Appliances must be designed for household use. Commercial appliances will not be collected.
All refrigeration MUST be empty of food before collection. If food is left in the appliance, it will not be collected.
Drivers will only collect items that have been listed by the call centre prior to collection. If we are not made aware of an item by 3pm the day before your collection is due, it may not be collected and you may have to book and pay for a new collection for it to be taken away.
Additional charges may be applied if we have to return to collect an item due to the guidelines not being followed.
We run this service on behalf of Braintree District Council.
If you have a complaint about the service you have received, please email:
Mark Penn (Tendring Reuse) at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Leonie Bradford-Doig (Braintree District Council) at email@example.com.
You can also call:
Tendring Reuse – 01255 863007
Braintree District Council – 01376 552525